Your Privacy is Very Important To Us
Last Updated: November 25, 2015
Your use of the Blue Goji Products is also subject to the provisions of our Terms of Service, available here.
To learn about our practices with respect to personal information collected online from children, please click here.
Our Privacy Credo
What Personal Information We Collect and How We Might Use it
Your Blue Goji Products work in conjunction with a user account on the Sites (a "User Account"). You can also sync data from certain third party devices and platforms into your Blue Goji User Account. Below are descriptions of the information we may collect and how we might use it.
When you sign up for a Blue Goji User Account, you are required to provide a valid email address through which we will contact you about support and important matters related to your account. You will also be required to provide your date of birth to verify whether you are an eligible account holder, as usage by children under 13 requires parental or guardian consent (see Children section below). We will also use your age to provide you with improved recommendations and Services. In addition, we use a rigorous, three-tier user identity scheme to protect your privacy when you use our Services and interact with other members of the Blue Goji community. When you register, you will also be required to create 3 different identities:
1. User Name - This is your unique User Account login ID, which will be used to login into Goji Play, GojiVerse (our wellness portal and community) and our other Services and provide you with access to your User Account. This should not be your email address. Changing your User Name is not supported at this time.
You will also be required to create a password for use with your User Name to login into your User Account. You should keep your User Name and password completely private, and not share it with anyone else.
2. Persona Name - This is your main identity within the Blue Goji community (GojiVerse), which you will use to communicate with your friends and family within GojiVerse and the Services. All your Goji Play and other core Blue Goji activities will be associated with your Persona Name. Your friends and family with whom you share your Persona Name will be able to see your Blue Goji activities, communicate with you in GojiVerse and post to your activity log in GojiVerse. Initially, your Persona Name will be completely private and not visible to user searches within GojiVerse (you may change this setting within your account settings). Do not use anything similar to your User Name as your Persona Name. Changing your Persona Name is not supported at this time.
3. Avatar name - This is your anonymous identity, which is used for certain public activities within our community and will be visible to all other users of GojiVerse and our Products. For instance, we will use your Avatar Name to post your Goji Play and other Blue Goji activity scores on our public leaderboards. We also understand that some users may wish to remain anonymous when participating in certain sensitive activities, such as joining a stress management or substance abuse support community within GojiVerse. As a result, when you join a GojiVerse community, you may be asked whether you prefer to participate under your Persona Name (in which case your Persona identity will be revealed) or your Avatar Name (in which case you remain anonymous). In essence, your Avatar is an anonymous identity that you can use for certain interactions with others within GojiVerse. To ensure the anonymity of your Avatar identity: (i) do not use anything similar to your User Name or Persona Name as your Avatar Name; (ii) do not share your User Name, Persona Name or other personally identifiable information when conducting activities under your Avatar Name; and (iii) do not share your Avatar Name with those that know your Persona identity. You may change your Avatar Name at any time.
We recognize that it may seem confusing at first to maintain 3 different ‘IDs’ but we believe these features will provide our users with enhanced privacy when participating within the Blue Goji community.
In order to better benefit from the Blue Goji Products and Services, you can also provide additional personal details to your user account, such as height, weight, and gender so that we can more accurately estimate your calories burned for any given Blue Goji activity. (If you do not provide this information, we will estimate your calories based upon a default person type.)
When you use Goji Play or any of our mobile apps, certain information collected by your Blue Goji Product will be tracked by us and viewable by you in your Blue Goji user account. Information that may be collected or tracked from your use of Blue Goji Products include:
- Goji Play game play activity information and statistics such as time and duration of play, game scores, estimated steps, estimated calories, estimated heart rate and other biometric information that we track or calculate. These biometric parameters are also incorporated into our game plays. (For example, you may send a Goji Play Moment to your friends and challenge them to beat you on the number of steps you took playing a particular game.) This information will be reported to you in the Goji Play app or game, as well as your user account.
- Usage information of our other Services and Products, as well as any metrics or other information that are captured and reported to you in such app or product, such time and duration of activity, scores, biometrics and the like.
You may also choose to manually provide additional information to enhance your use of the Services. For instance, in GojiVerse, you may provide your own content and information about yourself and your activities, including information you post about your status or messages to other users. That information is stored in your User Account.
When you use our GojiGo and other locations-based apps, we will use the location and GPS tracking feature of your mobile device to track your location and provide you with the location reporting found in these apps. Our location-based apps typically use the default mapping tool provided by the mobile operating system of your device, such as Apple Maps for iOS and Google Maps for Android, to track your location and routes on a map. These mapping tools from Apple, Google or other OS provider may or may not track or share your location data. As we do not have control over their use of such data, we recommend that you review the privacy policies of your device OS provider for further information. You must enable the location tracking setting of your mobile device in order for GojiGo and our other location based apps to track your location.
When you authorize the use of your video camera with our Services, we will use the video data to estimate certain biometric information, including heart rate and breath rate. The biometric information will be stored in your User Account. We do not retain these images or videos.
When you connect your Goji Play or other Blue Goji Product to the Services, we collect the hardware ID number from your Blue Goji Product and your mobile device, and connect such information to the User Account that is registered with the Service. Such activity data from these devices will be connected to your User Account for you to track and view.
When you connect your third party device or account to the Services, such as your Fitbit or MyFitnessPal account, we collect the information stored in your account with such third parties and store the information in your Blue Goji User Account for you to track and view.
When you contact us for support or other information, we will collect your name, email address and telephone, as well as other information that you provide as part of your inquiry and our communications. This information will only be used to respond to your inquiry or provide support or the relevant services to you.
Third Party Payment Services
Other General Uses of Your Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may also use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the Services and related customer service;
- Analyze Site usage and improve the Services;
- Deliver to you any administrative, support or technical notices and communications relevant to your use of the Blue Goji Products and Services;
- Provide you with updates regarding Blue Goji Products and Services;
- Perform data analytics and other internal market research, project plan, troubleshoot problems, conduct audits, develop new products or enhance our existing products, and detect and protect against error, fraud or other criminal activity; and/or
- Enforce the Blue Goji Terms of Service and otherwise protect our operations, rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, you or others, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Blue Goji may also share certain of your personal information with companies who provide services to us, such as information processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, customer helpdesk, and other services.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions; to protect our operations or our rights, privacy, safety or property and/or that of our affiliates, users or others; to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; or if we are required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process or to respond to requests from government authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
You may choose to share much of your personal information and other data collected by us with other Blue Goji Users of our Products or with parties outside of Blue Goji Services based upon your account settings. The initial setting for such sharing of information will be set at the most private setting.
Use of Aggregated Anonymous User Data
We may use and disclose information that does not personally identify you for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat such information as personal information, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
Cookies and Other Technology
The Blue Goji Site and Services may use "cookies" and other technologies such as pixel tags and web beacons.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer's hard drive. These technologies tell us which parts of our website you have visited, limit the number of times you see a Blue Goji offer, help us better determine which Blue Goji offers you may like to see or alert you to software compatibility issues. They are also used to analyze and improve our Products' design and functionality.
If you choose to delete cookies from your device or block them from being stored on your device, please note that the full functionality of the Services may not be available to you.
"Web beacons" are images embedded in a Web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing Site or email usage and activity. Blue Goji, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage, improve the Service and measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
We may use Flash Local Stored Objects (LSOs) and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to "information" on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
At this time, we do not respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Information Collected through Your Device, IP Addresses
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We may use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We may use IP addresses for such purposes as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
Contests, Giveaways and Surveys
From time to time, Blue Goji may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this Policy, except as specifically set forth in the rules for those contests, giveaways or promotions. From time to time, Blue Goji may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Blue Goji improve the Services. Any personal information provided to Blue Goji in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey and as elsewhere set forth in this Policy.
Your Right to Delete Your Data
If you would like to cancel your Blue Goji account, you may do so by emailing our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you request cancellation of your account, your personal information will be deleted, including but not limited your email address, name, photo(s), friends list and links to social and partner sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google Health. Archival copies of your account registration information that exist within our backup system will be deleted in accordance with our normal backup expiration schedule. Following cancellation or termination of your account, Blue Goji may continue to utilize de-identified and anonymized historical data associated with your use of Blue Goji Products or Services.
Email Communications From Us
We may provide our registered users with periodic information about their User Account data and email alerts. We also allow users to subscribe to email newsletters and from time to time may transmit emails promoting Blue Goji or third-party goods or services. Blue Goji subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving our promotional emails by following the instructions provided in such emails. Opting out in this manner will not end transmission of support or service-related emails, such as email alerts, required for the proper use and enjoyment of Blue Goji Products.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us, using the contact information below.
Our Services are hosted and operated entirely in the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than the United States. Any personal information that you provide to Blue Goji may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including the United States. By using Blue Goji Products, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your jurisdiction.
Your Responsibility for Maintaining the Confidentiality of your Login ID and Password
This Policy does not address, and we are not responsible for, the information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which Blue Goji Products link or any app developer, device manufacturer or provider of an app, social media platform, operating system or wireless service. The inclusion of a link on Blue Goji Products does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us or by our affiliates.
Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy periodically. The date last revised appears at the top of the Policy. Changes take effect immediately upon posting.
Blue Goji Corp.
4201 S. Congress Ave, Suite 323
Austin, TX 78745